A commitment to sustainability and green building.
In April 2018, Columbia Credit Union proudly placed a new plaque at the entrance of our Operations Center in Vancouver to show it’s a LEED Certified building. While LEED Certification had actually been granted earlier, this newly-installed sign helps showcase Columbia Credit Union’s longtime commitment to sustainability.
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is the most widely used green building rating system in the world, devised by the U.S. Green Building Council. Here a few highlights of key features of our Operations Center that earned LEED points during the certification process:
- Rainwater harvesting tank and water-efficient landscaping.
- Optimizing energy performance and use of LED lights.
- Green power: A high percentage of our electrical power is supplied by sustainable power sources.
- Construction materials made of recycled content and the use of regional materials.
- Utilization of LEED-accredited professionals to guide the process.
Sustainability is right for the environment, the community, and for our members. We employ sustainable practices at all of our locations and are proud to have LEED Certification at our Operations Center, Washougal and Grand Central branches. The Battle Ground Scotton Landing branch, now under construction and projected to open in summer 2018, is also being built to meet LEED Certification standards. And, our new Buckman Branch in SE Portland earned Sustainability at Work Silver certification for 2018-2021 from the City of Portland’s Bureau of Planning and Sustainability.