To apply for a donation from Columbia Credit Union, simply complete the following steps and submit the information to your local Columbia branch or email.
Prepare a proposal letter, no longer than three typed pages, including the following information:
- Organization description: summary of mission and objectives, contact name and phone number.
- Project description: specific amount needed, if applicable, project history, number and demographics of persons served, expected results, marketing and promotional plans, dates and ticket prices or fees, if applicable.
- Volunteerism: Please describe any opportunity associated with the project for Columbia Credit Union employees to volunteer.
Please attach the following documents:
- Project/program budget detailing expenses, anticipated income sources, and any previous funding by Columbia Credit Union.
- Current list of business and foundation donors for the project
- Copy of your organization’s IRS 501 (c)(3)
- List of your organization’s Board of Directors
Typically, a small amount is set aside for requests throughout the year. These requests, like all requests, are considered based on the information provided in steps 1 and 2 above and must align with our overarching categories: children and families, education, the local economy, physical and mental health, housing and the environment. We make every effort to respond to requests in a timely manner; usually within 30 days. However, most of our contributions are determined through the budgeting process, which starts in August and ends with category allocations decided in late fall/early winter. Submitting your upcoming year’s project information to Columbia Credit Union by the end of August is important and helpful.
Columbia is not able to fund:
- Individual sport teams
- Programs outside CCU communities
- Conferences, trips, or tours
- Advocacy or research groups