The AVP Career Development will lead the organization’s efforts to promote and support a mentoring culture that fosters ongoing career development for all employees. Analyzes and determines curriculum needs and designs programs for management and staff development. Assists in advancing the strategic direction of the Credit Union by working with Senior Management to determine and establish appropriate training and development programs, including but not limited to, the Credit Union’s internal CCUniversity undergraduate and graduate program.
• Coordinates with SVP CHRO/Legal on all training needs and requests. Develops an annual training calendar based, in part, on current Business Plan.
• Plans and directs evaluation of course effectiveness and areas to improve making policy/career development recommendations.
• Manages Career Development Department personnel, including engaging in quarterly coaching with each staff member. Schedules development staff and leads, and track courses. Counsels employees on opportunities to complete professional goals.
• Provides coordination for communication and teamwork between branches and departments to support the internal service culture.
• Seeks opportunities to represent Columbia through volunteerism and community involvement (at minimum 16 hours a year).
• Conduct research on, and negotiate with, outside vendors for purchase or development of specialized programs. Ensures that Training expenses are properly tracked for G/L’s as assigned and conform with the department’s budget.
• Works with Development Team to coordinate all outside workshops, seminars, and other learning opportunities. Distributes communication materials (Education Alerts, applicable college classes, etc.) Oversees the design, publishing, distribution, and maintenance of development materials and manuals.
• Stay current on Credit Union policies and procedures.
• 8 years adult educational/development experience using a variety of learning techniques.
• B.A. or higher. Preferably in education.
• Strong leadership skills, while presenting a professional demeanor and solution oriented focus. Excellent communication skills: both verbally and in written form
• Experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Experience with a Learning Management System is a plus.
• Proven ability to teach and develop staff at all organizational levels. Requires excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Ability to work as a team with the Career Development staff, Human Resource Department, and other departments and branches of the Credit Union as required. Innovative while willing to accept and follow direction.
• Strong analytical and organization skills, ability to function in a goal-oriented atmosphere