Under direction of Commercial Underwriting Manager perform credit analysis and credit request packaging and other related activities and duties to ensure that commercial loans are properly underwritten, monitored and serviced in accordance with policy and regulatory guidelines. This position will communicate frequently with senior management, officials, business or professional representatives from outside groups, agencies, and organizations.
• Underwrites credit request on commercial loans
• Work with Relationship Manager, Loan Closer, Borrower, Title Company, etc. to underwrite, monitor and assist in the loan process.
•Responsible for all monitoring functions for commercial loan portfolio including past due, and coming due loans as well as term loan review.
• Ability to underwrite various types of loans to include SBA 7A, 504 and construction loans highly desirable.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related discipline, related course work and financial analysis skills or a combination of related work experience and course work equivalent to 3 to 5 years of work experience and Bachelor’s degree.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills to work successfully with the general public, as well as other employees. Proficient with Word Processing and Excel spreadsheet programs; credit and financial analysis programs and the integration of such technology.
• Demonstrated skills in handling moderately to complex work assignments in various lending functions.
•Ability to work in a team environment by accurately accomplishing work assignments under limited supervision.