As a full-stack FinTech developer, you’ll drive innovation at Columbia Credit Union. You’ll work with key team members and use your expertise to create front and backend solutions for Columbia’s website, intranet, web and mobile banking applications. You’ll use existing APIs to integrate systems and build new interfaces for additional functionality. You’ll identify and develop efficiencies for staff and create innovative financial services for credit union members. You’ll maintain solid security and coding practices and stay current with evolving technologies and programming methodologies. You’ll be a problem solver who’s capable of troubleshooting issues on the database, server code, middleware, and client scripts. You’ll report directly to the CIO and help build the future of financial services at Columbia Credit Union.
• Five or more years of experience designing and building scalable web applications.
• Significant experience with the following:
• Working with APIs, oAuth, JSON, XML, middleware and web services.
• WordPress and creating custom plugins, templates, and themes.
• Designing data models and working with normalized and de-normalized databases and developing complete front-end and back-end solutions.
• Understanding and troubleshooting existing code on the server and client.
• A strong discipline in documenting your code.
• Knowledge of server configuration, web server setup, account permissions, firewall rules, basic network routing, Linux, Windows Server, Apache, and IIS.
• Working knowledge of Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure a plus.
• Ability to translate business problems into technical solutions and prioritize competing demands while collaborating with vendors and working effectively with external resources. Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to follow directions, work with minimal supervision, and deliver under tight deadlines.