Columbia Credit Union seeks a VP Wealth Management Program Manager to oversee and inspire our investment and insurance team in the Portland, OR metropolitan area. Reporting to the SVP Chief Marketing Officer, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of advisors’ and assistants’ coaching and mentoring, daily operations, sales, compliance, educational outreach, and member experience.
Columbia CU is a full service financial institution with $1.2 billion in assets and over 85,500 members. Since 1952 our commitment to our membership and our community toward “Making Life Better” has earned us accolades such as Best of Clark County and Best in Business for the past several years. Columbia CU is also recognized by PBS and Associates as a Best of the Best workplace.
The credit union’s investment program is successful and well-supported. With four advisors and two assistants, more than $170 million in assets under management, and a track record of growth including strengthening recurring revenues, this program is positioned for continued success.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred.
• 10 years non-deposit investment and insurance experience within a financial institution with a minimum of 6 years sales management experience.
• Positive FINRA BrokerCheck disclosure events history, relative to years of experience.
• Series 7, 63/65 or 66 Registrations required. Series 24 would be a plus.
• Professional certification, such as Certified Financial Planner preferred.
• Life and Health insurance licensed.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including active listening and ability to mentor a team of well-respected professionals into a strong sales through service track record. Proven innovator that purposefully manages and inspires staff to do their personal best, supporting their coworkers and member-investors.
• Ability to build collaborative relationships throughout the credit union to foster a holistic view of how we can make life better for our members.
• History of leadership success around talent development, team building, problem solving, escalation and risk management activities, planning, and goal accomplishment.
• Experience in authoring smart, articulate and compelling social media posts and website blogs as well as hosting workshops for video or in-person presentations is preferred.
• Expert MS Office skills including proficiency with excel and CRM/database management. Proven ability to tailor written communication to purpose and audience, including sales and education, policy and procedures, executive department reports, and individual coaching documents, is required.
• Strong knowledge of investment and insurance compliance.
• Strong sense of urgency around goal tracking and achievement.
Representatives are employed by Columbia Credit Union and registered through CUSO Financial Services, LP (CFS). Member FINRA/SIPC. CFS is a broker/dealer and RIA with a stable, 20 year track record of serving the investment needs of credit unions and their members. To learn more about CFS, please visit www.cusonet.com.