Manages a team that is responsible for the resolution process for delinquent loans, in the repossession process, or present a possible loss to the credit union. Coordinates with Bankruptcy Specialist with respect to accounts in various stages of bankruptcy. Maintains an understanding on all federal and state laws regarding collection rules and regulations. Maintains an understanding of regulatory and organizational rules and policies for the calculation, methodologies and computation of the Allowance for Loan and share losses. Responsible for the monthly preparation of delinquency, trending, forecasting and charge-off reports. Makes recommendations to Loan Review Committee regarding credit policies and procedures. Supervises and develops all collection department personnel. Assists in advancing the strategic direction of the Credit Union.
• Experienced in all federal and state laws, regulations and procedures relative to delinquency control, troubled debt restructures, management reporting proficiency and collection procedures.
• Strong compliance background.
• Minimum of 5 years collections management experience.
• Ability to make sound decisions in line with functional and organizational responsibilities.
• Must have the ability to deal effectively with potential or actual delinquent loans.
• Strong personnel management skills, sound interpersonal practices. proactive leadership and organizational style.
• Ability to communicate (written and oral) effectively across all levels of the organization, and with external parties.
• Performance analytic capabilities, proficiency and experience with collection software and systems. (Akcelerant)