Donations accepted at all CCU branches
Did you know? Of the 24,000 students attending 38 Vancouver Public Schools, half of them qualify for free or reduced-price lunches, a federal indicator of poverty. For these families, school supplies are a luxury they simply can’t afford. That’s why Columbia Credit Union is collecting donations for the WRITE from the START School Supply Drive to support students at public schools in Clark County this summer.
How can you help? Just purchase school supplies and drop them off at any Columbia Credit Union branch between July 25 and August 15, 2018.
New this year: We’re also collecting school supply donations at our Buckman branch in SE Portland for Buckman Elementary school.
With 26,644 students attending 35 schools, Evergreen Public Schools is the largest school district in Southwest Washington. And, our growing population is increasingly diverse. One-in-four students is an ethnic minority. One-in-eight require special education and one-in-12 need transitional language support for English. Your donations will help these students succeed!
Ready to shop? Here’s a list of items requested for the WRITE from the START School Supply Drive:
Writing & drawing
- Crayons (24-ct)
- Pencil boxes
- Yellow #2 pencils (12-ct)
- Pens (black or blue)
- Large pink erasers
- Highlighters (assorted colors)
- Colored pencils (12 & 24-ct)
- Washable markers (12 & 24-ct)
- Watercolor paints (Basic 8)
Paper & organization
- Pocket folders (solid colors)
- 1” ring binder (white w/ clear outer sleeves)
- Composition Books (wide & college rule)
- 8-tab binder dividers
- Spiral notebooks (solid color covers)
- Binder pencil pouches
- 2” 3-ring binder (assorted colors)
- Backpacks (all sizes)
- Box tissue
- Large glue sticks
- Stylus Pens
- 12’ rulers (wooden)
- Scissors (metal blade)
- Ear buds (for testing)
- Socks (children & adult sizes)
- Underwear (children & adult sizes)