Mobile Banking Security Tips
Columbia Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your account information and employs a number of security features built into the Online and Mobile Banking services:
- Your password is never stored on your device.
- No one is able to access the Mobile Web or Apps without knowing your username and password.
- When you log out of your web browser or app, the session ends. If you forget to sign out, your session will automatically end after five minutes.
- 128-bit SSL encryption protects your information as it travels from your mobile device to the credit union.
- Only the phones that you personally enroll can use Text Banking. A unique and time-sensitive activation code ensures that you are in control of your mobile device during enrollment.
- Both your online banking and mobile banking access will be locked if the incorrect password is entered five times in either system.
You can stop identity theft at the source by preventing your private information from falling into the wrong hands. Become more defensive against fraud during everyday activities by following these simple prevention tips:
- Password protect all mobile devices.
- Actively change your password on a regular basis.
- Always sign out of mobile banking when you have completed your activity.
- Only install applications from Google Play or the Apple App Store, and only select applications from trusted sources.
- For mobile devices using the Android operating system, do not enable Android’s “install from unknown sources” feature.
- Do not jailbreak or “root” your device. This undermines the security already in place.
- Just as you should never carry your Social Security card in your wallet, never save your login credentials in your phone’s address book or notepad tools.
- Always keep your mobile device with you, and secure the device when not in use.
- Frequently delete text messages received from the credit union.
- Periodically delete your browser cache and history or opt to disable web caching.
- Use the most recent version of your phone’s operating system to ensure you have the latest security patches.
If your device is lost or stolen, notify your wireless carrier immediately and contact Columbia Credit Union.