Changes to USPS First-Class Mail: How It Affects You
The U.S. Postal Service is adjusting service standards for First-Class Mail that could affect delivery windows for your mail, such as payments. Here are some tips to keep you on the safe side when it comes to slower mail delivery.
- Send mailed payments sooner to make sure they arrive on time.
- Expect mail that Columbia CU sends you, such as monthly statements, to occasionally come a bit later than anticipated.
- Get digital and skip the mail entirely by signing up for Online Banking using the chat icon in the bottom corner of your screen, or downloading our free Mobile Banking App. Here’s what you can do online:
- Switch to E-Statements to access your monthly statements sooner, all in one place.
- Use Bill Pay to pay your personal bills easily and on time.
- Set up automatic, recurring payments from your phone or computer.
- Use Pay People to pay anyone from your landlord to your babysitter with just their email address or phone number.
With the changes to USPS service standards affecting mail delivery times, save yourself the stamp and start getting digital for more features, faster.