Become a member!
Who is eligible to join Columbia Credit Union? You!
When you meet one of the following:
- Live or work in Washington State or the Oregon community of Clackamas, Marion, Multnomah or Washington counties
- Have a family member who lives or works in Washington State or Jantzen Beach/Hayden Island,
- You’re related to a person who meets these eligibility requirements – such as having family who lives or works in the above communities.
Here’s all you need to get started:
- Must be minimum 18 years of age to open regular accounts and must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident.
- $5 lifetime membership fee – payable by depositing money from another financial institution (routing and account number needed) or by using a debit or credit card.
- Your Social Security number (along with co-applicant’s, if any)
- Identification card (driver’s license, state I.D., passport or military I.D. along with co-applicant’s, if any)
Your account information and identification
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Attach your identification
We will ask you to attach a copy of your valid identification. Until we receive this supporting documentation, services may be limited to opening and funding selected accounts.
Your account security is important to us
For your protection, our online application is protected with the highest level of security available. During the application process, you will be asked identifying questions that only you should know the answers to. This will help us validate your identity.